Who doesn’t love ice cream? It’s a great reward after a good day, a needed comfort after a bad day, a delicious treat for movie night — and it’s (mostly) easy to eat on the go.
You can even customize Dr. Dayan’s favorite braces-friendly, three-ingredient ice cream for anyone who’s vegan or lactose intolerant or has other dietary restrictions — that way, your whole family can enjoy this healthy ice cream.
And no, that’s not an oxymoron — this ice cream really is super healthy AND super delicious!
Here’s what you need to make this delicious homemade ice cream from Homemade Mastery:
- 1-½ cups of frozen* strawberries
- 1 small frozen banana
- ½ cup milk of choice
(*Frozen fruit is very important. The recipe won’t work if the fruit isn’t frozen.)
- Add all ingredients to your high-speed blender — or let the fruit defrost slightly and blend with an immersion blender.
- Blend the mixture until no chunks of fruit are left.
- If necessary, open the blender and readjust the frozen chunks a few times to get a smooth blend.
- Experiment with adding less milk to make the ice cream thicker, but ½ cup of milk is perfect for serving immediately.
- Top with your favorite braces-friendly toppings and enjoy!